RODI will be the death of me....Help!

ctpeasy

Premium Member
I wondered whether to post this in the filtration forum or not, but since I'm new to this whole thing, here we go:

I have a Coralife 50 GPD 4 stage RODI sytem.

It came with all of the filters already in it. I ran it, made water for my tank that I'm now cycling, and didn't think much of things. So first newbie mistake was not checking my water at the system itself, I know. Fast forward a few weeks, tank is humming along, I take a PPM reading of my RODI water: 178 ppm. Aghh.

Figure out that I didn't have the membrane in it and have been running it this way the entire time. I also living in an apartment, and I didn't hook it up correctly so connection in my faucet leaked a bit while in operation which I didn't think much of since the system was running right? Read up on stuff and saw that I need to provide adequate pressure and temps need to be right.

Long story short, I've probably run 150 gallons through this thing incorrectly. I now have the membrane in, everything is plumbed absolutely correctly. I've been running it for 24 hours to flush the system, BUT I CAN'T GET BELOW 7 PPM!! Water tests are showing 0 except for .25 on phosphates. This is vastly ingratiating and I don't know what to do. Really want to do things right so I can take care of my animals well (once I have them).

Water coming out is at about 76 F.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences that might be of service at this point in my journey?

Thanks a ton.

CP