Rio pump explosion

Well i got home from work yesterday to find a main return pump had exploded. It smelled terrible like burnt plastic and ozone.. All my coral is sucked in and my montiporas all look bleached. When i reached in to get the pump out there was full current running through my tank, way too much for the grounding probe to handle. I am running carbon in a phosban reactor and did a 25 gallon water change. The sps and montis are still looking bad but the softies seem to be coming around. I just fragged alot of zoas and montis for the upcoming frag swap the day before this happened so those were already in bad shape. I dont think this was one of the oil filled rio 2500s because there was not an oily film everywhere but there was a ton of black silt in the sump before i vacuumed it out. Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions, i dont want to loose the coral ive been growing for years.
thanks

Another Rio claims a tank. [smilie=crying.gif]

The best thing is a huge water change, clean your skimmer and get it exporting as best possible, run fresh carbon in a phosban reactor, and run some Polyfilter(TM) to extract other contaminants.

I bought it used so theres no telling how old it was, all the softies are bouncing back but most of my sps is fading.... I replaced the rio with a mag 7 so hopefully that one will work. Anyone have any idea how long the carbon will be good in a small phosban rector for about a 200 gallon system?

I'd replace it after 3 days. 1/2 cup of carbon per 50g of water.