Removing Ricordia from a rock?

What is the best/easiest way to remove Ricordia from a rock? I have 1 that appears to be splitting and after it is through I would like to move them from the 30 into the 75. I don't want to move the rock they are on.
TIA,

If you can reach it comfortably, I've chiseled under the Ricordia while in the tank... It would be far easier if the rock can be removed, of course, but it's doable even if it's not...

Just try to dig into the rock and get as much rock as you can...

Here is a pic of them on the rock. It is some kind of brain skeleton I believe that is ~6-7" (or more) in diam. I would prefer not to break it if possible. Any other suggestions?

I picked up a stainless steel pocketknife at a dollar store (I.E. I'm not gonna cry when the knife rusts out!) and use it... I just dig into the rock 1/2 inch or so from the base of the softy (I use it mainly for Zoanthids, although I have done Ricordia with it too) and wiggle the knife around, cutting through a thin layer of rock under the soft coral...

Be sure to thoroughly rinse any metal tools in fresh water, and dry completely after every use!

Well, I already had a cheap dollar store SS knife so I took it and did as suggested. It was easier than I expected and the Ricordias are now in the 75.
Thanks y'all!

@salty_75 wrote:
is it just my bad vision or am i seeing millions of flatworms in that pic? said:
That's why I didn't want to move the whole rock to my 75. I had a pump quit working and in the low flow situation they flourished.

@Reefmike wrote:
[I]@salty_75 wrote:[/I][quote="is it just my bad vision or am i seeing millions of flatworms in that pic? said:
That's why I didn't want to move the whole rock to my 75. I had a pump quit working and in the low flow situation they flourished."]

Mike, get flatworm exit. It's works great. I don't recommend you buy flat worm exit at the lfs but online since it's half the price.

Mike,
the Rock isn't a piece of brain coral they were attached to, it was a piece of Tufa rock and is real easy to carve up. a Butterknife will work in a pinch.
I agree, you also seem to have a flatworm infestation. treat BOTH tanks. :shock: