Photos

[
sps19.jpg
alt="">

sps17.jpg
alt="">]

[Peter, you need a top down photo box. That would help immensely. You've got some of the best corals I've ever seen, and photographing them is priceless.]

[Marc -
Thanks. Yes - I agree. But don't I also need a camera lens like yours? I think it's called SLR type with longer lens? Or can you built me a camera box for my digital camera - NikonCoolpix 4500?

I need to also talk to you about building a bubble trap tower for my big sump. I'll take some pictures and describe to you in an e-mail if I ever get around to it.

Yes - sps are beautiful. They have been negelected, but some seem to thrive with brighter color. I have couple frags further away from light, but the color really pops. While lighting is important, maybe the coral just need to settle in - and now that I don't dose this and that - the water chemistry is more better. I really can't draw any conclusion as I haven't done any water testing.

Peter]

[I'm sure I could build you a box for your camera type. It doesn't have to be as deep, but in a way that does protect your camera from getting wet.

I can make you a bubble tower, but first I have to get 3 sumps done that have been waiting way too long. Then I make one for my 280g tank to replace the one it has now. At that point, I've got time. :p]

[Beautiful Corals!!! Where did you find these guys? They are stunning.

What is this bubble trap tower you speak of?

I'm having bubble trouble myself and am willing to try something new. I have acrylic experience and can build whatever.

Link? Plan? Description?

Thanks,
Kurt]

Edited By Modo on 1092235371

[Thanks Modo. You can buy most of the sps frags at e-Tropicals. Marc will have to tell you more about his bubbletrap - he usually has a link on things he built.

Marc - If I make it to the meeting tonight - I'll talk to you about getting a camera box. It would be great to take closeup. Most of my sps photos are not as focus as I would like. I would take my photo at highest resolution- shrink it to smaller photo. When it is smaller, the flaw (not focus) is not as obvious. :lookaround:

Here is a photo of green birdsnest
Green_Birdsnest.JPG
alt="">]

Edited By peterlin on 1092256748

[Thanks for the tip on the corals. I'll have to check them out. I've been on their site before.

I'll track Marc down tonight and see if I can drag the concept out of him.]

[Maybe Peter can take a picture of the one in his sump, because a picture can save 1000 typed words. :;):]