online statistics

I am also not suggesting we impose ideology on anyone - just share values. My static page reference was simply sarcasm.

Posted by: Steve There is a meeting at MACNA for club members from all over to come together and discuss what is working for their club. I will be attending to see what and how other clubs are generating traffic said:
Are you familiar with Reef2Reef? They have a huge community and gain more popularity by the day. Maybe try incorporating polls or a weekly post highlighting something about the reefing community. Also get a sponsor to donate equipment or product to giveaway periodically. Without conversation points this forum will die. It may already be too late judging by the amount of traffic that this site no longer gets. The interest is there but everyone has apparently decided  to go to other sites to get answers. 

The meeting at MACNA hosted by MASNA provided some information that I will briefly outline now and go into further discussion later;10 club Presidents and 3 MASNA Board members attended.Everyone is seeing a drastic decline in participation on both their sites and attending events. Even MACNA had a decline in attendance this year. (maybe due to the risk of flooding)The discussion included "Trying to compete with the larger websites for traffic by providing educational information seems counter productive. Many hobbyist are going to Reef Central or Reef2Reef so reference those sites on our site so new hobbyist can get that information. Use club sites for local information, tank builds,where to get items, local support like moving a tank, events, LFS sponsors, hobby related items for sale".I am not saying I agree with all of this, but it was worth hearing their frustrations and getting some ideas. DFWMAS will be working with MASNA to see how we can work together to continue this discussion and bring new ideas to support all local clubs in their mission.More to come later.I appreciate your suggestions and they will be included in our next BOD discussion and meeting.