Oh my, We've got Fry!

I woke up this morning, took a peek in my tank, and looked at my horses. "Harry" my boy who looked pregnant, looks slimmer. Hmmmm. Eyes wonder to top of tank, "Oh my we've got fry!". I've found about 13-14, there may be more hiding, and he looks like he could still have more in there.

Bad me didn't have bbs ready (took a break from hatching for the last couple of weeks - first time in 8 months!). I've got some bubbling away now.

For some reason my little girl wants to pet the babies! LOL, she's never asked to pet the seahorses before!

Here is the mandatory new born shot!

Carolyn

Carolyn,

Congratulations on the newborns. They seem to be holding on well already. I really like the colors,size of their 'hitching posts' and was wondering if you can tell me what they are. I can't tell from the picture and they almost look like colored reed of some sort.
Thanks and good luck

Joanna

It's a plastic plant from Walmart. It had silk "flowers" on the end which I pulled off. It does make a good hitch - my only beef is at the bottom where all the plastic ties in, the stalks get kind of close, it might be possible for one of the little guys to get stuck. So far it hasn't happened to me.

Carolyn

Congrats Carolyn! How exciting! They are so cute and hitching so nicely. Spirit had only 12 that first time too. Did you find more?

Joanna - That is the same plant in the tank our newest babies were in. The one you have the 30 from. Do you remember it? We got it at Walmart too.

Keep those pictures coming.
Shaunda

He has crunched out 4 fry this morning, probably more to come. I think they are missing much of their egg transfer, which is fine by me - it keeps the broods manageable.

2 weekers are doing great and look positively huge compared to the newborns.

I had to laugh this morning. My non pregnant male who really really wants to be pregnant was chasing and flirting with a female. When the female caught sight of the pregger male she swam up to him and wrapped her tail around him as if to say "he's my guy". I think to make sure he didn't get beat to the punch, the pregger male is trying to unload those babies a little early!

Meanwhile this other male who so dearly wants to mate, can't seem to pursuade any of the other females to complete the dance with him. I guess he's just to much of a giggilo for them.

Carolyn