new 105 setup - finally

good point chris on the bulb length, i will be stuck with the 46.5 length also, so, i might not have a choice

The bulbs with 6500K are usually made with green ends. You can buy them individually or by the case. The Kelvin rating is listed on the tags, signs, and packaging.

I think Home Depot has the oddball lengths as well, but the nice thing about VHO endcaps is you can move them. A 48" bulb is more like 47", and with endcaps, it should fit in right at 48". So if you have URI shorter bulbs, you can move the other endcaps out slightly to accomodate the NO bulbs. (NO means Normal Output)

Skimmers - The Euroreef is more expensive, and the ASM is a cheaper knock-off of the ER. I'm not putting the ASM down. The owners of ER parted company, and the guys that left started up ASM and had to make their own version with slightly different parts to avoid a lawsuit.

I personally recommend in-sump skimmers, but there are HOB ER skimmers. Maybe ASM makes them as well, but I've never looked into it.

thanks for the info marc - well, it will definitely be an in-sump deal - i guess it comes down to if i can find a better deal on a er or asm - my thoughts are that the parts on the asm or er are pretty straight forward, and if the pump is still good on the asm (sedras), then i will go with them, but i will have to see.

well, after some research and looking, i found a asm g2 skimmer that is already modified with the following ...

1. recirculating
2. gate valve
3. overflow feed
4. also, the person included some airstones with air pump to increase the foam production

so, i was thrilled to find this and get a good price - so, i just need to find a good uv sterilizer, wavebox, return pump (mag 9.5 or eheim equivalent) and calcium reactor - getting closer :lol:

well, still assembling equipment -

found the major pieces -

calcium reactor - cr-4 from myreefcreations
uv sterilizer
asm skimmer
wavebox
aquacontroller jr is pending

cleaned up the stand, need to cut access holes in the back for more space then put several coats of spar urethane to seal it better, then need to paint inside of canopy with oil based white paint and remount lights -

day by day - thanks - pictures will be coming soon - i hope :lol: