Need help with RBTA

ok..been long time since i been here..but yall are so helpfull....
I got a rose bta several months ago...and its been ina 30g oceanic cube...with 250 mh 20k on it... the rest of tank has been doing great....zooz..monti...acro everythings is growing great...cept my rose...

its moved around a bit..but never looked too much diffrent that when i put it into tank...wont open..extend tentackles...but its not loookin any worse then it ever has b4...just same old look every day.
is there something im missing...or why doesnt it want to look like it should

ty

Wow..... where to start?

I will try to help however much I can. Anenomes are very sensitive to water parameter being out of whack or changing (temp, pH, salinity, etc.). Nems can do well in a small tank such as yours but you need to be ever vigilent(sp?) of the water conditions since they tend to change quicker than a larger tank.

What are your parameters now? How old is your tank? What do you feed it and how often? Is it bleched?

Hi David, I can tell you my experience. I hope it helps. I have a 29g tank with 130 watts of PC lights. I bought a small rbta in March. It stayed very compact(short tentacles) and wandered all over the tank. I fed it frozen mysis shrimp, but I didn't notice it growing much. I didn't touch it even when it crawled under the rocks for a few days. In May, I started feeding it Silversides, but didn't notice much change. When it got to a spot I liked I added a pair of maroon clownfish. That was the beginning of June. Since then the anemone hasn't moved at all and it has grown(almost doubled in size). It really seems happy to have the clownfish. It's behavior seemed to have completely changed. I don't feed it now since the clown feeds it for me.

If there are any specific questions about my tank, I'll be happy to tell you all I can. Let me know.

well...its a 30 oceanic cube...with 250watt pendant....and 25g sump/fuge.
i havent teseted the tank for several months...probably should have...but i have had it now for 2 years. i tested for several months after adding sump, and results were always exelent...almost perfect...alk and ph were little off..but after sever more weeks and water changes it was fine
..i did change the mh several months ago...and had a large outburst of buble algea.. would that have anything to do with it?

anyway...i changed the bta to my other 37g eclipse..its go 250w and 2 55w pcs on it... and 2 clowns... but they havent seemed accept it yet