Need help replacing Vortec driver!

I got the new Vortec driver that replaces the old driver that makes it wireless. I'm trying to follow the directions and am stuck. I got the box apart by unscrewing it. Then the directions say to "carefully remove the motor's plug from the driver board by gently pulling on the plug itself. Do not pull on the motor's cables or you risk damaging your pump."

I can't get the plug out is my first problem. It seems stuck and a part of the green plate and I'm afraid to pull too hard.

Then it says to open the new wireless wave driver packaging. I did and I can't get the new driver apart without prying it, which I don't think I'm supposed to do.

Anyone can help me with this (should be) simple thing? I don't know how I'm going to work that AC3 if I can't even do this.

Kay

if you bring it to the tutorial class im sure we can help you out if that works, i know its kind of a pain, but if everything else fails.

otherwise, if you want to try it again yourself, to get the cable disconnected, what i did was put one finger nail under the clip (top of nail, not underside), and the slowly and gently wiggled the cable (like that word) back and forth until it came loose.

As for the plastic clips on the case, they are quite tight, but prying it is really the only way to get it. I had to reopen one of mine, and i just used something to put between it. Any piece of slim metal can be used, then once you have the lip open and not over the plastic, you should be able to get it.

@janakaybravo wrote:
I got the new Vortec driver that replaces the old driver that makes it wireless. I'm trying to follow the directions and am stuck. I got the box apart by unscrewing it. Then the directions say to "carefully remove the motor's plug from the driver board by gently pulling on the plug itself. Do not pull on the motor's cables or you risk damaging your pump." I can't get the plug out is my first problem. It seems stuck and a part of the green plate and I'm afraid to pull too hard. Then it says to open the new wireless wave driver packaging. I did and I can't get the new driver apart without prying it said:
Kay,

The plug is a 2 piece unit, this part is what you will have once you get it disconneted.

bring it to the class i can do it for you i just did one on my old driver

Thanks guys. Ron, on the picture I see what's supposed to come off. It doesn't slide off and I've been pulling on it and using a tiny screwdriver and am afraid to force it. Does the white clip looking thing on top of it have a function? I'll keep trying.

EDIT - Never mind. I rocked it and pulled it and finally it slipped off. I thought it would be easier to come off and was afraid to break something. Thanks for the help!

Now if I can just get the thing into the new driver.

When's the meeting?

Kay