nano skimmers

What kind of skimmer does everyone run on their nano? I really need to get one for my 7 gallon and the only one I'm aware of is the Fission nano skimmer. Does anyone use this one? Good, bad, or is there something really cool I don't even know about?

Um. . do you really need a skimmer on a 7g. I have a 5g, but no skimmer on it. I mean how much of a bioload can you really put on a 7g? Corals don't really need it if you go that route.

The Fusion skimmer apparently is really not that great according to a lot of people who have tired and were disappointed by its performance. You will find lot information about it over at the nanoreefs.com forum. Tunze on the other hand has a really nice protein skimmer designed with nano tanks in mind. Which I’m going to get next month.

@Jaguar wrote:
Um. . do you really need a skimmer on a 7g. I have a 5g said:
Those were my thoughts when the tank was setup. I decided to just go with a HOB fuge and call it. But as I added sps I got a little too in to feeding with phyto and seriously overdosed the tank (it's funny when you do stuff you know you shouldn't!). I've basically tried everything else, I've done 3 gal. changes about once a week, I'm running phosban, I've now cut the MH for a few days and am just running the pc, and I still can't get rid of it. I've also added another small powerhead to up the flow some more too. Plus I think it'll be nice to have a skimmer to run every now and then once this is taken care of.

@matter1331 wrote:
I've done 3 gal. changes about once a week said:
Git rid of. . . :?: Cyano? You naughty, naughty one! Heh, well. . the things we do for our corals. I know I personally enjoy them more then the fish in my tank. I don't have any corals in my 5g so I can't offer any advice, sorry. :oops:

lol, the algae in general. I've got hair algae, the mermaids cup I was trying to id in another thread, finger algae and some small bubble algae. So I guess it's four different kinds. Jeez, you'd think if someone kept posting in my threads they'd be able to give me at least a little advice :roll: :wink: . I'm just messin with ya, thanks anyway.

yeah, that's what I've been told by a lot of people. Looks like I'm just going to replace most of the algae infested rock, keep running phosban, and maybe leave the MH off for a little longer.