My 180 Tank Log

disbjohn

Membership Expired
Well it's been a little over 2 years since I first started out. I went from a 29 to a 72 and now a 180. I've learned so much from everybody here and on RC and I'm glad to have such a great club here in the DFW area.

At one point I was about to get out and sell off my 72, but I just had the itch to go bigger. I only wish I had taken more pics while setting up the 180, but it was a hectic Sunday. I found a good deal in Houston and my friend and I went down there to pick up the tank, which turned out to feel like the longest day ever.

The tank I picked up came with about 150 lbs of rock and i then transferred everything I had from my 72.

Well here are the results of our adventures...

The day after setting up the tank...it was still a little cloudy from the sand.
CIMG0235-vi.jpg
alt="">

left side shot
CIMG0258-vi.jpg
alt="">

center shot
CIMG0261-vi.jpg
alt="">

right side
CIMG0262-vi.jpg
alt="">

fts
CIMG0264-vi.jpg
alt="">

blonde naso w/ streamers
CIMG0302-vi.jpg
alt="">

most of the fish posing
CIMG0304-vi.jpg
alt="">

another fts
CIMG0305-vi.jpg
alt="">

rbta
CIMG0306-vi.jpg
alt="">

I had a tunze 9010 skimmer and thought it wouldn't be enough to handle my bioload so I got a custom skimmer made based off the new bubble king mini 200. This skimmer uses a sedra 5000 needlewheel. One future mod I do plan on doing is making it into a meshwheel.
skimmer3-vi.jpg
alt="">

here's a test run
skimmer1-vi.jpg
alt="">

without the cup on
skimmer2-vi.jpg
alt="">

skimmate after 1 day
CIMG0335-vi.jpg
alt="">

pump shot. in the middle of the picture is the bubble difuser
CIMG0333-vi.jpg
alt="">

full shot
CIMG0334-vi.jpg
alt="">

All I need now are some more corals... :D

I also got the neptune systems aquasurf and got a nice little wave going with it, but for some reason i'm having problems uploading the video to youtube. once I get it fixed I'll post it up.