Long tentacle anemone? - Is this one?

[A friend of mine bought this at LFS and they told her it was a long tentacle anemone. She swears it keeps eating her pink skunk clowns - she had 2. Any thoughts? Thanks :D

Anemone]

[It is certainly possible after listening to Daphne Fautin speak about anemones. From what she said there are a lot of them not specific to hosting clowns that would kill them. I am certainly not familiar with that anemone to say it was one.]

[That looks to me like one of the Atlantic Condalactus (sp?)anemonies. If it is you will be very hard pressed to find any clownfish that would even think about hosting in one. With that said any anemonie is capable of eating a clownfish, as Rick mentioned.]

[Okay, that is what I thought also but thought I would check with everyone else who had a lot more experience that I have. I appreciate it very much. :D She didn't want to put in anymore fish if it was going to eat them.

Thanks again everyone :bow:]

[Definitely appreciate the input :nod: I have sent her an email (and link to website) regarding her fish eating anemone. She is afraid to put anymore fish in there. She has 2 of them - and they were sold to her as LTA that clowns like. Unfortunately it is the other way around. :(]

[I would take it back and rip the LFS. That ID is easy and on something as important as eating your fish or not they should take a little care to identify. Of course the person should have also but come on!

They probably paid a lot more than $10 also which as others have stated is the top end of what a Condy goes for!]

[I agree......and she has been mislead by a couple of LFS. Not only has her anemones eaten her fish but then she was sold a box fish (it had ick and she didn't know), LFS told her they were easy to take care of...........well what didn't get eaten by the anemones died when the box fish died.

She called me for help and then went back to confront the LFS and they told her not to put any fish in her tank for 3 days and that would take care of the ick.

She has definitely learned the hard way and has not put any fish back into her tank - it has been running without for over 2 months. She has now been reading more and doesn't take what LFS tells her as gospel anymore. She's pretty leary about putting anything into the tank right now and is pretty ticked that they sold her something that might possibly eat her fish and knowing full well that she wanted to keep "Nemo".]

[Tell your friend to join our message board. That is some pathetic advice she's been receiving.]

[I have been bugging her and sending her links. She is in the last part of her classes in nursing. This last incident, I think, has finally pushed her this direction. Even when I tell her something she looks it up now. When she gets a breather I plan on bringing her to one of the meetings.

Thank you everyone for your input :bow: :beer:]

[That's what I told her which is another reason why she didn't put any fish in the tank along with the fact that I didn't think her anemone was a LTA and could possibly be eating her fish. Hopefully she will take them back to LFS because she would like to have some fish and these 2 guys keep eating them.]