melev

Club President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Sponsor
[Here's a new picture of my Montipora foliosa, shot from above:

mcap_062704.jpg
alt="">]

[It's a real beauty, but still a baby compared to most Monti's I've seen in this club's tanks.]

[No way, baby! It is still a juvenile coral at this point. Later on, when it is at least doubled I might consider it.

Peter Lin gave me the original frag last August, and you might be able to get a piece from him. Here's a picture of it originally.

coral_orange_mcap.jpg
alt="">]

[from the look of that first pic, it appears that your cap is casting too much of a shadow on those zoos. Perhaps you could reconsider fragging :p? That thing looks awesome!]

Edited By BigStun on 1088751799

[i agree with Matt, that montipora does look like it is casting too much of a shadow on those zoos. but to me it seems marc is very greedy when it comes to fish stuff. i swear its like he sits at the computer and refreshes the sell/trade forum every 5 seconds, cause everytime theres a good deal up he gets it quick! imo that montipora seems more than mature and healthy enough to frag. marc if you let it double in size before you frag it, its not gonna fit in your tank anymore.]

[LOL. I miss a ton of good buys here.

However, I'm seriously looking into a huge upgrade, and tonight I may have come up with my dream tank after all. All 300g of it! I need to talk to Vincent at Tranquil Scapes about it first.

If I get it, there will be no fragging at all.... my tank would look barren going from a 55+29 to a 300. :wwww:]

[Here are some pictures of my M. Digitata forest I created for my Yellow Goby. The green and brown/red digitata came from frags from meeting raffles. It is hard to see but I also have a small piece of orange M. digitata that I got at Fish Gallery.

Obviously, Travis Staut took these great pictures. The picture with the Yellow Goby in it is from above.

The yellow goby spends most of his time in the digitata and will retreat to it when he feels threatened.

1004gobytopgr2-0230web-med.jpg
alt="">

1004montiscene9883web-med.jpg
alt="">]

[Man Steven, I was just about to compliment you on your photo-taking skills! :laugh long:]