leekyboots 120 gal build

leekyboots

Membership Expired
Well.. I'm new to marnie life. But have been surrounded by freshwater tanks all my life. After a few years of thinking... I made the jump. Hopefully you guys can help along the way. I bought a 120gal tank from a private school in Plano. Got a 50gal sump/refugium from my cousin about 150lbs of live rock, chemicals, test kit and some lights off craigs list. Got a mag12, some wavemakers, and a reef octopus off ebay. And im working on the rest. Thought I might post a build thread, so maybe you guys might catch something I have missed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ill do my best to keep pictures posted as I go. Today I got the frame for my stand built. Hopefully I'll finish up tomorrow, and get the hood started.

I can point out that you will need some type of ATO for your evaporation, you could buy one or make your own. Some people like to add it manually which you could actually do, but if you want to maintain salinity levels and have peace of mind this can be a good purchase.

Good luck.