Jackknife Reef Safe?

Ok so I saw this really cool fish that I hadn't seen for sale before at the LFS today. The owner called it a "Jackknife" and was selling it for something like $30. I like him, but couldn't find it for sale at any online stores. I got this picture from a google search.

Are they reef safe? Is it something I should get for my 75g that will get along with other docile fish and shrimp? What's the success rate?

Thanks,
Catherine

I am not sure about the answer to your question, though someone at Exotic Aquatics told me that they were not, last week. But here is some info to get you started.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/croakers.htm

Ya know, I've seen those at 3 different LFS's now. Interesting that they are suddenly showing up.

I have no idea if they are reef safe, I loaned my fishie books to a friend who keeps buying livestock that she can't keep.

Need a big tank as they can get to over 10". Would suggest minimum of 6ft. I've never heard of anyone keeping one for long periods. They also eat crabs and snails in nature so I'm sure they aren't reef safe!

You might try a longfin bannerfish. Very close in looks, easier to keep, and reef safe.