Is my bta splitting?

[Just a while ago my BTA did something I've never seen it do before. The mouth of it got HUGE and appeared to be stretching itself from one end to the other. It must have been at least 4 inches long or more. It kind of looked like the insides were coming out. A couple of tentacles was out of its mouth and then the mouth started shrinking down again but still bubbled around the mouth. Of course I didn't have a camera when the mouth was at its largest, plus it happened so quickly. I don't know if it is trying to split or what. About 6 months ago it did split but I didn't see it happening.

Here's some pics. It shows the mouth still enlarged some and all puckered up. Hopefully the link will go through.

If its not trying to split then what is it doing? Nothing was coming out of its mouth.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph...._photos

Cindy]

Edited By Cindy on 1113964542

[The mouth is back to normal now. All flattened out. I can't tell if it did any splitting or not.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Cindy]

[BTAs will do all kinds of wierd stuff, making you panic for no reason at all. My BTA has done that in that past. It might be the preamble for a split in the next few weeks. Or it might be nothing at all.]

[Mine did something very similar to that. I then fed it a good hunk of squid, waited a day and did a water change. Within 2 days Voila - 2 anemones.]

[I think I'll go get it a silverside and feed it a couple of them. Who knows, I might get another split!

Cindy]