Introduction - New to SW

supertran817

Membership Expired
Just wanted to say hi to all. Grew up with FW tanks from 50 to 150 gallons, Mostly Oscars and some reason back in the 80s, it was easy to maintain. Now with kids, I want this to be a hobby for me and the family. Been looking at SW for past year and reading up whenever I can. Will have friends and family to help with this new hobby and hopefully get plenty of info on this site.

Purchasing this soon.... SCA 50 Gallon Starfire Glass Aquariums Complete Package 24x24x20" 10mm
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HY5PD56/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3TO79CP4M5AGE&coliid=IINUDE4IUY5Q5&psc=1

Thoughts on this kit?

Thank you
SuperTran817

Looks like a nice little setup. What is your plan for fish and will you have corals?

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

want to start out tropical fish, like the clownfish, tangs, damselfish, puffers , etc. with live rock first. eventually add corals.

Picked up the rimless 50g Cad lights from the forum and started the cleaning and vinegar cycle.
Plan on draining the tank today, will i need to rinse the tank prior adding sand and rock?
also, the main drain line is not even up with the sump below and it sound really loud with splashing of the water, i read some cases where i can add more water to drain pipe or add some kind of sock at the end.

thanks for the help (heads up)

JT