How to frag ricordias?

I have 2 decent size ricordias that are both taking forever to split. Both have started splitting and I can see 2 distinct mouths on each.

Can I take a razor blade and cut each such that each piece has a mouth and approx the same body size left?

Can I use a razor blade to scrape/cut the new ricordias off the LR?

If yes, any recommended treatments/additives for the freshly cut ricordias to help them heal and grow back faster?

TIA

I believe ricordias can be treated the same as mushrooms - cutting them in half should be fine.

Of course, letting them do so on their own is the much better way :wink:

But yes, a razor can also remove them from the rock. Any parts leftover on the rock my also sprout a new ric.

Cut the ricordea making sure you cut the base in half. The top section as good as you can get, but make sure the base gets halved.
This is according to Blane Perun's farms of the sea site, and from personal experience.

I agree the base is the key. Whereas normal mushrooms will pretty much grow from any fragment, ricordias tend to do much better if they have a significant portion of the base. I have had luck cutting them into 4s with each getting a quarter of the base also.

thanks for the advice. It worked. I cut/split one of the rics just as you advised. Both halves are doing fine. Didn't see any ooze nor significant stress with them. They both are expanded and seem happy.