How small is too small for Zoa frags?

I have a clump of Zoas, about half the size of a fist. They are a mixed green and orange colony, and I want to frag it off for spreading around my tank, as well as for trade and gift. My main concern is what I've learned with marine plants; if you make it too small, it dies off.
Has anyone encountered a "lowest polyp limit"? Perhaps I should go really slowly and start by halfing the colony, then halfing it abain after a couple of weeks?

Thanks Matt.
My other concern, of course, is poisoning my tank. Perhaps I should move them to my 6 gal while working on them?

Agreed, for what it is worth. I have a frag of zoos that are only three polyps, and they keep getting blown around. Of course, gel or bondo would help - but the larger the colony, the less likely to lose it.

I fragged like 3 polyps of mean greens for my nano tank and everything went well... Zoas are easy to frag and superglue gel + rubble will make it all easier.

I've had single polyp frags with no issues.... the key to it is firmly attaching them to something that won't blow around the tank. Discs are good for that and you can glue those anywhere in the tank and they will grow right over them.

The important thing is to frag them properly and allow them time to heal before you pass them around. Give a frag a good week or two to recover from fragging and youll increase your success rate.

So I should frag this clump a little at a time? Like, frag off 10 polyps one week, then 10 more 2 weeks after that, etc.?
I'd kind of like to do this all at once, but perhaps that'd be too much trauma in one go...