Holy roosting Batman!

I picked up a medium red BT at the frag swap this past weekend.

First day he (we are going to call it a he instead of it) cast off his frag rock and attached to LR right where I set him down. The past few days he has spread bigger than we thought possible soaking up the MH rays in my tank.

Tonight at "dusk" he migrated underneath his rock and is perching completely upside down in a shaded area like a bat.....

Should I be worried at this point?

I wouldn't worry yet. I recently got a SRBTA and he opened up for about a week, then went into a dark spot behind my rocks. I was worried about him, then the next day I had two anemones! From what I have read and talked with other people about, they will find a dark spot that they feel safe in to split. Sometimes the stress from a move and a new tank will cause them to split also.

I am still new, but that is my $.02...

@Eric81 wrote:
I wouldn't worry yet. I recently got a SRBTA and he opened up for about a week said:
+1 be sure to check you water parameters to make sure they are good but other than that I agree with Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds very normal if everything else is good. Mine does that once a week to take a break from the clowns. Next day it'll be out in all its glory!

So his big plan is to hide under the rock at night, and then hyper extend up and over the rock during the day for his sunlight.

nRHUQ.jpg
alt="">

Gave him a little shrimp for fun. Seemed to like that.

He has moved around the tank quite a bit over the past week. I noticed that he had parked in the same spot for almost 3 days so I fed him.
WIsMj.jpg
alt="">

He still roosts upside down from the LR every night and then extends way up for light during the day.

I purchased one at the swap - and got a 2nd that was splitting in the bucket. The "spare" climbed on a rock and has never moved. The "med" - now over 12" in dia, roamed around my SPS Island for 7 days before settling down in the spot I first placed her. (due to fickle nature it's a she). The "spare" is now 6-7" in dia and the two of them are spectacular.

shse666 wrote:
So his big plan is to hide under the rock at night, and then hyper extend up and over the rock during the day for his sunlight.

I had a large anemone that did the exact same thing. I have picture of him hanging upside down with his tentacles almost touching the sand and my female yellow stripe maroon sleeping under him. They did that every single night. It took over a week before I stopped running in there every morning to make sure they were both still alive. [smilie=itwasntme.gif]

This one has a serious need to be on the move. None of of the others, BT or not have gone on walk about like the red does.
I only feed him fish if when he is roosting somewhere we like. :p
NhLDm.jpg
alt="">