Help with aussie elegance coral

reef4reak

Membership Expired
Well Im trying to help out my friend who just got this elegance coral about a couple of weeks ago and she actually got this from a trade but it was doing much better than this. I know for sure that it aint happy and she has been concerned about it and also because shes never had one so im thinking if it doesnt show signs of happiness anytime soon she may need to give it to someone who has the needs for it what do yall think?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/116383164@N05/

You know i'd like someones opinion on this matter because this aussie elegance is not doing to well in her tank and its been close to a month now and its not thriving as it should so i gave the option of letting me have it to give it the care it needs but she still wants to try. This elegance is worth twice as much money than the finger leather coral she traded for it and unfortunately she says she would rather have it die then to lose money but she does not realize that she would not be losing money someone else would be caring for it so IDK..

Sorry no one has replied, and I can't offer much help, as I have no experience with this particular coral. They do have a reputation of being hard to keep happy, but it is a good thing that it is of the Australian variety. Perhaps you could post some tank specs and someone who has experience can chime in. What type of light is she using? Flow? Alk, Cal, Mag, PO4? Etc...

Please give us some more information such as the parameters listed above. Mine always liked very low flow in a low light area. Target feeding helps but is not necessary in my experience.

Yea unfortunately this coral is slowly dying from what she told me this morning but i'll see if i can get some water parameters but the least i can do is post a pic because she is going to take one of it and send it to me. She told me i can have it so I can maybe quarantine it or put it my tank and see what happens. She was not to smart in getting this coral if she did not know how to care for it IMO.