glueing zoos

Sorry to be asking you guys so many questions but I a a gal that needs everything checked before I do anything.

On a previous post about glue it was said that you should use super glue gel and that it was ok. HOWEVER is it okay to put the stuff on a small frag, then submerge the frag before the glue is completeley dry and attach it to another rock? Will doing this contaminate the water and kill everything beause the glue will still be in a liquid state when initially under water and I believe the glue may be water soluble while in this state.

I ask because I am very reluctant to remove my 15 lb rock from the bottom of my tank because it is being used to support everything else.

thanks so muck
Harial

It is not problem. Don't glob it on there though. A better way would be to get a small piece of rubble then glue the frag on there and then use epoxy to attach the small rock to your big rock. This will also let you move the zos if you need to in the future.

ITA with Keith - I have learned this the hard way, as I have a very tall tank! Gluing the zoos to a rock first is MUCH better, and you can make sure the gel has held before you put it in the tank.

ummm... I thought I had made it clear in my original post that these frags were all mounted to rock already. My snails and crabs keep on pushing them off the rock so I glued them to the rock already in the tank. I did a 25% water change afterward. I hope this is okay.

harial