First new coral - Pic of my first coral

JumboAg99

Membership Expired
[For my first coral I went ahead and bought a frogspawn. It shrank itself up as small as it could get when I was taking it home. In less than 3 days it's extended itself out quite a bit. I'm sure that as it gets more accustomed to its new home it will branch out fully.

The picture quality isn't great but it's what I've got...

frogspawn01.jpg
alt="">]

[Thx.

They're not lying when they say these guys can stretch.

When I brought it home the first thing I thought was "hmm... seemed bigger in the store." Over the past couple of day's it's gotten much closer to it's happy original self.

I'm using an old HOB filter unit from a fresh water tank (w/o the filter part) to help with water movement. Put this guy right under it so it would get plenty of water flow.]

[I like it. I wasn't able to find one I liked for a long time, but my own frag (single branch) has babies sprouting around the base currently and the main head seems to be ready to split under ideal conditions. The move to the newer tank put that on hold for now, plus the flow I had was tearing it from the skeletal structure. It is in a better spot, and was visible in one of my MACNA coral pictures.]

[My first was a frogspawn also, it has only one head not nearly as big and pretty as yours.
I have had mine for about three weeks and I can not wait to watch it grow.]

[IME, they are one of easiest corals to keep, be careful not to let them touch other corals. Mine was a 3-header from a trade with David (Bulldoger1) 10 months ago, now it has 12 heads and open up 10-12" wide.]