Finger Leather Coral Damage

Can anyone please tell me what this is?

I have this Finger Leather Coral with these White craters of varying sizes at the base of the fingers.

I have a Green Clown Goby that lives in this Leather coral (afraid he may be eating or chewing on it). I also have a Starry Blenny who likes to deposit sand inside the leather between the fingers, which collects right were the craters are. I have to blow the sand out all the time. Could one of these reasons be the problem or is there some mysterious pest eating my Finger Leather. The Leather is growing or was before I noticed this damage. I bought the coral 4 months ago and noticed the damage start about 1 month ago and it is getting progressively worse. It started with just a couple craters and now every finger has one or two of these craters at its base.

* no other damage to any other soft corals or any other corals for the matter.

Thanks for looking.

I don't think the fish are bothering it. I had a Leather coral that my lawn mower blenny used to sleep in. It looks like it is dying. I have seen this on leather when they are big and you move the coral from say one side of the aquarium to the other. They don't like it and some times consume themselves for some reason. Not sure that is what you are seeing but it looks familiar.