Feeling really dumb

[What makes a pest anemone a pest...what does it do to pester the tank? I'm doing research on getting one after I fix my current problems. I figured that it should be first, so it can get where it wants, then I'll add coral everywhere else.

thanks
Adam
:beer:]

[I think it depends on what type of Anemone your refering too.

Aptasia takes over the tank as you may well know (pest), other than those, I like 'em all! It's really just a personal preference in my opinion. I have a Seabae in my 75 and a BTA in my nano. Love them both!

Let us hear what you decide on!

Oh yeah! Don't feel dumb... It's a Hobby!]

Edited By Sunny on 1110898299

[Aiptasia and Mejano are generally referred to as pests simply because they reproduce and multiple very rapidly and have potent stings! So unless they are all you want in your tank they can start stinging all of your corals and multiple and multiply. Not a pretty picture!

Anemones are pretty high up on the difficulty scale and really need a established tank that is stable. General rule is to wait at least 6 months before getting one.

Read the first two (pinned) topics in this forum and they will give you a lot better understanding of their requirements. They can live for years and years (longer than humans) if you have the proper setup.]