feeding station question

has anyone successfuly gotten their ponies to eat from a feeding station? if so, how did you train the little buggers to know when its chow time and do go to the sation? seems i am still basically target feeding my little girl. she eats so slowly and doesn't go after food well at all. i've tried corralling her over to the feeding station area but she is very stubborn. any tricks to this?

hehehe patience :) Do you turn off all the pumps and make sure any airstones aren't going to move the mysis from the feeding station? I just literally corralled mine as well, sometimes I would target feed them, but I think they get way more stubborn and spoiled if you do it that way. If she isn't interested in the dish you can very gently use a turkey baster to puff a little water to make them wiggle about and look more 'appealing' to her. I just always made sure to have a really strong clean-up crew and shrimp ready to eat the leftovers any of the ponies didn't eat. I turned the pumps off about 30m-45m and that gives them enough time to eat if they will, and go catch anything that floats by otherwise.

I trained many seahorses to a feeding station. Patience is needed. Start by moving what ever it is you use to feed from towards the feeding station (Kohl's has great shell shaped bowls you can use) as you feed out, then drop the food into the dish. Soak the mysis in sw so it won't float as much.

A clear tube will also work. Put it in the dish and drop the food through the tube. She will see it fall and come to the dish.

It is really easiest to do this in a bb tank.

You can also bring her to the dish, but you can't make her eat there. :p Most will catch on in a week or so.