Feather duster or CoCo worm? (sp?)

rio32

Premium Member
I got this at my lfs for $3.99. They said they didn't know exactly what it was but it came in for free in their last order. It looks like a feather duster but has round layers like a coco worm. (not sure of spelling)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can't seem to get a picture that shows the layered rings. However they get smaller as you get to the top if you can picture that.

All the other feather dusters I have ever seen or owned only have one ring of feathers. Is this just another type then?

It has about 6 rings of feathers.

I really want to get a pic showing the layered rings.

I used to have a feather duster that would constantly change it's patterns, sometimes having 2 or 3 layers...but not that many. I'm pretty sure coco worms are only bright red...right? Whatever it is I would love to have one in my tank....and for only 3.99? SWEET!

Coco worms have a calcified shell, and a distinct look to it.

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/cocoworm.html

Yours is a feather duster. The ones you've seen are usually Hawaiian featherdusters, while this one is not. I've only seen it a few times, and don't recall what they are called.

Marc,

That is EXACTLY what it looks like but not red and doesn't have a calcified tube. The rings though are exactly like that. Just a very cool feather duster I suppose.

Yes, $3.99 was EXTREMELY sweet! It helps to be a regular I guess.

Thanks for all the input from everyone .