Dart pump is squealing

Hi everybody. Slow leak is happening that I thought was just spills. Tonight I got home from work and noticed that the Dart return pump is squealing intermittently. It's leaked out about a gallon since yesterday. Is it going out? Should I turn it off immediately? I hate to leave my tank without return pump even for a day. Tried to get ahold of Dart and they're gone for the day. Should I buy another one and have it overnighted?

Kay

I would buy another one I had that happen to me and the noise got progressively worse

it will get worse until it dies. my snapper did it. supposedly they can be repaired but your best bet is to just get a new one ordered and swap it out now. no need to overnight imo, you will be fine until a new one gets here.

Kay if you have the older style dart pump the newer style pump is different in length so you will need to adjust your plumbing

That's what I was afraid of. I have one that's probably 2 years old. I'm going to call Dart tomorrow to see if they still make it.

You will probably need to replace the seals. Here's how:

http://www.melevsreef.com/dart_seals.html

I agree with Marc, you just need to replace the seals. This has happened to me several times, the seals wear out over time and Marc's instructions really work.