Clams in FOWLR?

DaMenace

Membership Expired
So I was wondering... Can you keep Clams in a FOWLR setup? Is there certain fish that won't go with clams? And what about lighting? Right now I have 2 36" fixtures with 4 t8 bulbs... 2 actinic and 2 10,000K

Never had a reef so all info and comments welcome. I had bought some live rock about 4-6 weeks ago that came with mushrooms and some other unfamiliar plant life... Some that I could swear that are corals or anemones since one day they will be on a rock and then I'll see it another day near the top and they are small.

Depends on what fish you have. In general I wouldn't risk it. I keep my clam(s) and scallops in a more reef friendly environment. Certain triggers/angels and others may pick at or outright kill and eat them. $85 - $200 later and you might be sad.

Well I have an eel with teeth lol, harlequin tusk, small coris wrasse, yellow tang, regal tang. i plan on still getting a blue face angel, emperor angel, maybe puffer, maybe clown trigger, maybe foxface, maybe a majestic angel.

a clam wont last long with those fish and you will be hard pressed to keep your parameters in check for it. they also need pretty decent light.

Can do the fake corals like they have on the show "tanked" they are called fish only systems ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. A big puffer is going to power chomp pretty much anything it wants, including snails, hermits, small fish, corals, etc.
I have 3 serpent type starfish http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Reef-Packages_c_2.html all of which have done well as CUC

A clown trigger can and will kill pretty much any starfish. I would stay away from clown triggers unless you plan on keeping it by itself.