Bought some of the crabs and snails - What should i feed them

[My tank is very lightly stocked with no alge problems but there is the normal funk in the bottom. I am worried that I need to give them some food but I am unsure of what kind.

TIA for any advise.

George]

[most snail and I think all crabs will eat flake food. If your just talking about fauna and bacteria you should add some flakes just to help keep the ammonia nitrogen cycle going.]

@gtoon159 wrote:
[My tank is very lightly stocked with no alge problems but there is the normal funk in the bottom. I am worried that I need to give them some food but I am unsure of what kind. TIA for any advise. George] said:
[The whole point of the snails and crabs is to keep your tank clean. If you have to add more algae to keep them fed, you are pretty much shooting yourself in the foot. :p

The stuff that forms on the glass and rockwork will keep your critters fed. As long as they are hungry, they'll keep the tank clean. Avoid overfeeding if possible.

If this is an empty unstocked tank, you might add a pinch of flakefood once every five days.]

[Very funny, I just read that title on the board it showes

"Bought some of the cra..."

Alll you have to do is take and remove the b in crab and end that statement with a "p" and you see why it is an attention drawer (i.e. funny)]