Back in Salt - Setting up Seahorse tank

I've been out of the hobby for the past few years due to a break up and not knowing where I was going to be residing.. .I have purchased a home and I'm now ready to get back into salt.
This time around I'm planning on two seahorse set ups. I'm thinking about a 24GL nano for dwarfs and a 36GL for another species of seahorses.

Any pointers would be helpful. I've read lots, but no one knows better than those that keep them.

Thanks
Steph

I think the dwarfs would be lost in a 24 gallon nano...a 10 gallon would be ample! I started with dwarfs and they really are very very lazy...mine would hardly swim to get their brine shrimp hence why smaller quarters are often better. They are very cute but if I may say so...rather boring. Mine would hardly move at all.

I have just got back into seahorses and put my paid in a 20 gallon barebottom cube. I'm loving the barebottom it really makes cleaning the tank so much easier. I don't have lights and just an HOB on the tank and am actually finding them easier to care for than ever before. When I had sand and lights I fought cyano algae like the plague. This was supposed to be a temporary tank but it might just end up being their permanent home...that or a 30g cube I have. If I move them I'm definitely going bare bottom again.

Hmm, Maybe I should put some thought into going with a 24 or 30 and not getting the dwarfs?

It's not an easier decision. Will give the bar bottom hang on back more thought. Sounds like it might be the right way just to make cleaning easier.

Thanks for the input.
Steph

I suggest keeping both tanks and getting a pair of two types of seahorses. Get some kudas or erectus in one tank and some barbs for the other tank. If your worried about babies get same sex pairs. You can't ever have too many seahorses!