anemone on/partly in Seio 820 pump

DFW

Membership Expired
Night before last I got a rose bubble anemone in very good condition. I had put a foam filter on the Maxijet, and had wrapped the 2 Seios - an 820 & a 620 - with that plastic grid from Joanns fabric store tied off with a plastic wire tie. I had been told that would protect the anemone if it got up on the pump. Well, last night it climbed the glass and got on the 820, and in spite of the intake vents being covered with that fine grid, my beautiful anemone looks to me as if she is not everything that she was. Granted, I have no experience with anemones, and I know they do "odd" things, and it is normal for their appearance to change, my gut tells me that the home made cover did less to protect her than I had hoped! I cut the pump off as soon as I saw her up there, and I know that she might work her way out on her own. But should I remove her with the pump to a bucket for that process, or leave her for a bit? As best as I can tell, no more than 20 % of her foot and tentacles have been affected. Now that the light has come on, she is bubbling right up, and the unaffected part of her foot is fluffing right up, and looking like it did when I got her. Any ideas on saving her, and on how to "child proof" my Seios will be much appreciated!

David

it should be fine as is but what you could probably do to help is just lay the powerhead on the sand bed so it can easily attach to something else while it tries to get out. it will work its way out and should heal up fine, but i would make sure you keep up on water changes so your water quality is as good as possible to promote healing. also, a little carbon could help keep anything nasty it releases from affecting anyone else. i had a green one do this to a maxijet and it was just fine after a couple days.

Thanks for your reply!
I am so encouraged by your report! I did put a big bag of carbon in the sump this morning - my nose told me to. And the creature is all but loose - 2 threads are still connected to the outer part. It almost looks like torn gauze. She is holding on to a plastic hose that I have attached to a Maxijet that is moving water behind the rock structure through a couple of slits in the hose. I hate to remove her from that while she is already stressed from this injury. If she releases that hose, I will drop her down there.

I guess I will wrap the Seios with coarse foam attached with rubber bands, instead of the stuff I had used. It did not work!

Thanks for the help!

David

@Wes wrote:
it should be fine as is but what you could probably do to help is just lay the powerhead on the sand bed so it can easily attach to something else while it tries to get out. it will work its way out and should heal up fine said:
It just came completely free, and it does not look horrible like it did before! I never had to move the pump! The last thread just broke free! Yeah! The resilience of this "jello" like creature is amazing! Praise God!

Thanks again, Wes!

David