Anemone Growth - now SPLIT!

Some pics from today:

The new anemone:
000pk2gz.jpg
alt="">

The original anemone:
000ppqpq.jpg
alt="">

And a link to a short video I did of the Clarkii bopping around them yesterday ;)

Confused Clarkii - right-click and save

Hi Lisa, Your anemones look great. There must be something in the water. The green BTA you saw in my 75 gallon last Wednesday, just split this morning. He looked normal at 8am then I looked at noon and there were 2 of them. That was fast.

BTW, my rose is looking much better than when you saw it. I'm wondering if it will split also, it has wrapped itself around the rock. I had it for about 8 months and then in October 2005, a week after I changed my bulbs, it split; but it took a couple of days.

I'm beginning to think if the anemone is too happy it doesn't split unless there is something to stress it. The 75 gallon tank is still somewhat new and I don't think the green anemone is very happy in that tank. I got it in November. I think the lights are up too high as it always seems to be stretching for the light; so it split in order to protect itself. Being 2 smaller anemones, they each get more silversides instead of one large one sharing all the food.
Did that make sense? That's just my guess.

My rose BTA still has the bubbles after the split in October, but the green BTA never had any bubbles since I've had it and so far it's still trying to recover from this mornings events.

Mine was easily 12" without splitting for almost two years.