400w Coralvue ballasts vs PFO - any experiences/thoughts?

I can get a great deal on Coralvue 400w ballasts for my tank... but I planned on using PFO b/c they've sounded solid. I intend on using Reeflux/radium/helios bulbs throughout the life of my tank (or other if something else comes)

I looked at Sanjay's site and I'm not sure if I or the corals would even notice much difference in output due to chosen ballast.

Any suggestions or experiences with PFO/Coralvue ballasts from anyone?

I understand the Coralvue ballasts have fans as well - not sure if that's good or bad (i.e. over engineered/noisy or heatsink not large enough)

Thanks!

I have three EVC electronic ballasts and one CoralVue, they are all 400 watts.
The CoralVue does not have a fan in it, at least the one I have. I would not think they would need one, they run pretty cool.
I bought the three EVC last April and hooked them up, about a month later one went out. I bought the CoralVue because I wanted a replacement quickly. It is still hooked up because after I go the replacement EVC, I did not bother to change them back out. The ballasts all run the same light pretty similar. I went with these ballasts because of the price and as you said, on the charts the PAR was really about the same.