240 Tank Build in Abilene

will look great when you get everything going, i love long tanks.

as for the new livestock, i would hold off on the goby and blenny as they need a lil more established tank to strive as does the cowrie (or you can feed him lettuce like marc does)

for good sand movement and mixing a dragon wrasse works wonders especially for your thin sand bed (make ure you have finished the full cycle of course)

id say to just keep addin some more crabbies and snails slowly, maybe not anymore for a little while so the tank has time to establish an dyou get a fish or two

@WeMa wrote:
will look great when you get everything going said:
I almost bought a dragon wrasse for my reef tank (note: liverock everywhere). Fortunately they were sold out. I went to DNA a couple days later and they had a small one lifting a rock over 4x his size trying to get to whatever was underneath it (ie: nothing). They also have a larger nearly fullgrown one with teeth that scare me soooo bad... :? They're just PIA as far as I know. Rock avalanches, esp in a glass tank, are very viable with them as pets. Sand sifter gobies and conchs can do the same thing with no risk of tank damage. Just a little fyi that I learned in my reef "travels".

ive had mine for 6-8 months with no troubles, i guess a key to making sure that does not happen is to have stable rock work to begin with, so yea, if all u have is small rocks that are not stable or stacked well, then probably not a good idea, cause they do dig, alot, thats y i recommended them cause they will definately turn over some sand

Here's my final post in the 240 thread. I havent kept the thread alive much, but the inhabitants have done much better.

The day started with an empty 75 from ceriff, it end like this:

DSC_2766.jpg
alt="">

The 240 setup leaves tomorrow. I'll have my rock from Lhoy at MAAST and it's on to building acrylic stands for the pillar look in the new tank.

I'll start a thread on the new tank once we get closer to the start. Hopefully that one will be better documented with pictures.