Hooked up the Trident again after a year.

djd3mon

Premium Member
20240227_185135.jpg
20240229_062821.jpg

Did a little wire management the last couple days and decided to hook up the Trident again to see the trends of Alk, Cal and Mag besides my weekly manual water tests. Installed a hidden shelf to hold the 3 power bricks to my Radion XR30's. These shouldn't get too hot up there should they?

20240228_224830.jpg
1st Trident gave the "no water sample" error. Took it apart to visually inspect it, but going to clear the hoses today after work. Definitely got a little frustrated and selling it was in the forefront of my mind for sure!

Took out my backup Trident I got from a local reefer Carlo in '22 I believe. Hooked it up, it did its initial setup. Then bam...parameters exactly where I expected them to be. Faith restored again in the Trident. Can't wait to see how it performs in the upcoming months. Now I feel more comfortable buying another 2 month supply if reagents.

Attachments

• 20240229_062821.jpg
    20240229_062821.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4
I've contemplated getting one to keep track of parameters, just hear so many bad things. I may pull the trigger still.
Glad to hear you got it working properly.

I've contemplated getting one to keep track of parameters, just hear so many bad things. I may pull the trigger still.
Honestly this is the first time they have been in a range where I feel like it's giving me accurate info. If I know what I know now and all the headaches it has given me I would have never purchased one.

Honestly this is the first time they have been in a range where I feel like it's giving me accurate info. If I know what I know now and all the headaches it has given me I would have never purchased one.
haha i hear that man.. maybe i'll just stick to my manual testing/log and save my self the hassle. thanks for the insight.

You only hear the bad things, when everything is running great there's no reason to complain. I've been running trident for a couple years now and my reef has never been happier. As far as readings go, they may not be 100% accurate all the time but stability is the key. Being able to stabilize your parameters is when you'll have the most success.