Recent content by reeftx

1. R

UV Sterilizer Recommendations?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. My UV Sterilizer bit the dust. It was a Sterilight model S5Q-PA. I am looking for suggestions for a replacement.
  2. R

Anti-Jump cover

I’ve has a couple of triggers jump out of my tank which has a full canopy.  I am looking for ideas on what to put on top of my tank to prevent future jumpers and where I can buy them.  Tank is a 210 72”x24”TIA
  3. R

New Lights - Suggestions?

Tank is a mixed reef, mostly softies 210 (72x24x30). Current lighting are three 4 year old Reefbreeders Photon 16's, one of which is failing. I have these mounted to the underside of my hinged canopy. Prior lighting was 3x250 SE MH.I would prefer to NOT go back to MH. The Reefbreeders adds more...
  4. R

Swivel Mount LED?

I am considering replacing my VHO/MH lighting with LED. One of the contenders is the reefbreeders value line, link below. In order to be able to adjust the dimmers, I will need to be able mount them in such a way as to swivel them down when my canopy is raised. Does anyone have any ideas on...
  5. R

Bleaching Corals?

I am losing two corals to what appears to be bleaching. Ammonia and nitrite are undetectable, and nitrate is low. Phosphate is about .03, salinity has gotten out of whack at 1.022 (I am slowing raising it back up), magnesium is 1250. Calcium is 400, alk is 11...
  6. R

MH Bulb Life

My apologies if this has been asked before. I'm running 3x250 Phoenix 14k bulbs. What is a good ballpark number for the number of hours/days/months I can run them until they need to be replaced? FYI, I run them about 7-8 hours a day. TIA
  7. R

Calcium Reactor Media

It's about time for me to refill my calcium reactor. I've bene using ARM with NEO Mag magnesium media on top, but wanted to see if there are other Ideas out there for a better media. Thoughts?
  8. R

Replacing VHO w/MH, Advice?

I have had a 150 running 5x160 VHO for several years and am looking to go MH. My tank has a glass center brace, so I plan on two MH, with two VHO actinics. I am trying to avoid the chiller, so was hoping I would get good results with 2x250 watts. I understand the center of the tank may be a bit...