Recent content by Jshelle01

1. J

Dry rock

I have 100-140 lbs of dry rock. Good quality rocks. I have gotten out of the marine hobby and this is all that remains from my old setup?location: north west fort worthprice : $1.00 per poundFeel free to call or text me for pictures/questions. 817-733-1678
  2. J

UPS Battery Backup

Due to all the recent storms in the area, I would like to have a way to keep power to my tank for about 18 hours. I only want to run two 10 watt power heads to keep a good supply of oxygen in the tank. I have found a few UPS battery backups and they seem to have the same specs but every...
  3. J

Sand Choices - Experiences Needed

I am looking to pick out the sand substrate for my 200 gallon tank. I am thinking of going to get the bulk from Whiz Q then seeding it with some live sand. I am looking at the white sand or the manufactured sand that they sell there. I have also looked at pulverized limestone Which of these is...
  4. J

Pump Selection - Heat

I am trying to select a pump for a salt water aquarium. The tank is a 210 gallon glass aquarium. I am trying to see if the pump and water circulation pumps will put off too much heat. I am trying to keep tank around 75-80 F. I currently have (2) 6.5 watt circulation pumps inside of the aquarium...
  5. J

Freshwater to Saltwater Rock/Sand

I have been doing freshwater fish for a while and I am planning to go to a salt water tank in a few years. I have set up my tank and sump so that I can accommodate a protein skimmer and refugium for when I am ready to fully transition. Tank is 200 Gallon with 55 gallon sump The questions I have...