With a LOT of help from my friends, ChrisCurtis's 110 starts over

Let's get your sump situation sorted out in the coming weeks.

Well it felt like an episode of Tanked had descended upon my house this last weekend. Steve and Mary, Mike, Billy, Chris and Carlos all showed up and in 5 or 6 short hours converted the bare tank in the first picture to the fish/coral (almost) ready tank pictured below.View attachment 6046

Steve had already come by several days earlier to install an overflow and give the silicone a chance to dry. The gang brought with them everything needed to get the tank up and running including a new sump from Melev's Reef.View attachment 6047

The only thing missing now is some new lights that I'm waiting for from eBay. Until then I will enjoy the blue glow Cherenkov radiation look and the muted gurgle of a smoothly running system.It's almost impossible for me to adquately thank everyone for their generous donation of time, effort and materials. The hard-working people of DFWMAS who volunteer their time to keep this group going are an inspiration to me and the only reason I didn't throw in the towel when the seams on my tank gave way a couple of years ago. For sheer terror, forget about zombies and ghosts and imagine the sound of 100 gallons of water hitting the floor in seconds followed by the frantic flopping of dying fish.

I'm glad to see your tank is finally running. Is there any liverock in the tank? That will help clear the water more quickly.   What lights did you order? 

<hr />Yes, there's live rock and sand in it and the water has already cleared. I ordered a 300 watt Marsaqua led light. They're cheap but I used them before and got good coral growth. Their biggest fault was individual leds going out but they should be good for a couple of years.The sump is working great, BTW. Thanks.

The SBReefs lights are controlled with your smartphone, thought that might be a nicer option for you these days. They seem to be quite affordable.

OK, lights are on, just 2 300w Marsaqua LEDs for now with plans to add a comparable SBreef  light soon. I added a couple of circulation power heads but made the mistake of letting them run unattended so now I need to redo some sand and rock work after they blew big holes in the sand bed. And I've got 10 frags to add once that's done; they're sitting on a frag rack right now.  View attachment 6245

<h1 class="a-size-small a-color-secondary a-text-normal">[Ironton Double Line Electric Hoist - 110-lb. Single Line/220-lb. Double Line Lift Capacity]</h1><ol class="a-carousel" role="list"><li class="a-carousel-card" role="listitem">
41Gvdggs5bL._AC_SY400_.jpg
alt="" width="px" height="px" /></li></ol>    

That winch looks a little overkill, maybe something smaller and cleaner is available for lights that might weigh about 10lbs each. :)