With a LOT of help from my friends, ChrisCurtis's 110 starts over

And I'm up to 10 or 11 fish. The uncertainty is because a 2 spot signal goby appears to have survived a trip thru the overflow in to the sump. Mike supplied the last 2, a very healthy yellow tang and foxface. In addition there's a pair of Bangai cardinals, a blue/yellow damsel, a red-head dottyback and a trio of lyretail anthias.View attachment 6602

Glad to see things are going well for you Chris.

I know I haven't finished off my tank build so I took a few pictures of the completed set-up. The corals were slowly encrusting and some were really starting to thrive.View attachment 7505I say "were" because Tuesday night around 10:30 a ferocious front blew through and knocked my power out and my fence over. At 1st Oncor said it would be back up by 2 am the next day but 2 and then 3 came and went. Now their status line said 6:30am, still not super dangerous but I was starting to worry. Long story short, it was 7am on Thursday before they finally fixed it - 33 hours without power.Now I know everybody else is smarter than I am and has a back-up power source or even a generator but I don't so I ended up losing all my fish except a blue damsel and a Bangai cardinal. Most of the montipora survived but all the other SPS are dead or dying and all the soft corals are gone (except of course the apstasia). I was especially bummed out since I was really looking forward to the frag swap today. Hopefully I've learned my lesson and will get some kind of a back up power supply. Any suggestions? Also I had to kick myself later when I realized I already a sort of gas-powered generator sitting in my driveway - my van. If you're one of those annoying every-cloud-has-a-silver-lining type of people I guess the up side is that I now have even more room in my tank for new fish and corals.

So sorry to hear that Chris. I don't have a generator either, but I do have a battery backup on mine and a power inverter with a long enough extension cord to get from my truck to the tank at the ready.I have some corals you can have to get things going again.

Well, it's been about 10 months so I thought I'd post an update. For quite a while everything seemed to be just getting by with not much growth but no death either. Then just a few months ago I noticed a big uptick in growth with corals encrusting and branches popping up, maybe because I finally got my alkalinity balanced? Here's a few pics with a few growth shots to show the changes.
View attachment 9882
View attachment 9883
View attachment 9884
View attachment 9885

Very nice, glad to see things are going well.