who also has freshwater or specialize saltwater feeding requirement fish

Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
Approached by online seller for quantity of live black worms at discount to club, but uncertain if there are enough CBB or other specialized food (blackworm) requirement fish, or enough saltwater with also freshwater tanks (freshwater fish all LOVE blackworms) out there. 
Let me know if you have an interest
Interestingly, my baby princess anthias have begun eating live black worms... not sure how given TSM recommending I stay with extra small TDA Chroma Boost pellets (and other tiny foods; must have variety) but they are slurping them like a happy kid with spaghetti in Italian restaurant! 

Is it too expensive to buy black worms? Hope you can tell me the specific price

Above old offer had no interest back then. It was considered closed over a year ago.

A LOT has changed in 15 months regarding black worms.

Currently there are limited black worm availability thru stores and even online. Earlier this month I was joking with someone those black worms are more valuable that gold. California has always been reluctant to ship black worms because their water controls and shortages make it hard for California worm breeders to expand their business. Pennsylvania was putting in additional ponds (or whatever they are called), but I'm guessing those didn't get fully established as quickly as they would have liked.

Price on black worms is less relevant right now that just finding supply source... but a small cup at a LFS could be $6-$10, assuming you can get them. Contents of LFS cups have always varied, but small. If you are dealing with black worms in quantity, overnight shipping cost increases have shipping even more than worms.

These days, many are substituting freeze dried black worms for live black worms. You can find freeze dried at LFSs and online.

You'll find pricing when you find black worms.

Instead if you are seeking live worms, perhaps consider live white worms. You can find hobbyists that can sell you a starter culture or order online. Directions are online. I did not like the white worm culture smell. I could never get and keep bedding at the right level of dampness so while everyone says white worms are easier than black worms, I defer you to freshwater resources.

Just to add to the above:
white worms are fantastic, but tough to culture in Texas. they really like low temperatures (55-65 deg F) and tend to die or at least stop reproducing above 70. I have heard of folks using a wine fridge to culture them with good success.
a good alternative is "grindal" worms. you can culture and feed them the same way as white worms. they are slightly smaller, and reproduce a tad slower, but do great at room temperature. a mature shoebox sized culture can produce about a half teaspoon of worms to feed every two days. and if you need more - run more shoeboxes. And in my experience, all the fish love them (freshwater and marine).