Where in the tank did my fish go?

View attachment 3965Hello everyone!Details :28 gallon BioCube Salt Water AquariumI noticed in 2 month all of my 4 fish had totally disappeared. The only thing I can think that’s new is recently these worms have shown up (in picture). I don’t know how many there are but I’m afraid there may be a lot.I miss my fish and so I want to get more, but I’m trying to figure out what is the best way to get rid of them. I have sand at the bottom of my tank and I’ll totally replace it but what about my LIVE ROCK? Is there a way to ensure it is free of any critters? Or should I start all new with that too?Please help!

I can't see the bristle worms having anything to do with it.Do you have a lid on your tank? My stock have gotten out before.Have you checked in your overflow box?

If the fish die the worms will eat them, but they don't harm anything that is alive. The bristle worms are in the holes in the live rock and the sand bed. just don't touch them as the bristles will sting you.  If the fish are dying you should see a spike in your Nitrites, I expect dying our jumping out but not bristle Worms.

I agree. Bristle worms would not have killed your fish.  Have you checked your parameters lately?  I would check for ammonia.  If you added the fish too soon after cycling, or if one fish died and was not removed, you could have ammonia, which could take out the others.