where in Abilene?

Should I do business? I'm new to the SW world and really would like to find somewhere closer to Breckenridge rather than having To go to the metroplex for my supplies.

Thank you

Kc

I guess by the lack of response that Abilene is useless for fish supplies as is the rest of the big country. I Can say that moving To this CHUG HOLE sure makes me miss the Metroplex. Funny how it's only 3 hours away but seems like another world. lol

You are out there, that's for sure. However, there is an upcoming event for Abimas, because I recently got an invite.

I plan to order online for some stuff, but not being familiar with allot of the things involved I'd like to be able to walk into somewhere and look parts & equip. I also like to give my $$$$$ to the local business. I kinda look at the online stuff as handy & much cheaper in allot of ways but if there is only $5-10 difference between online & local I'll buy local. just so the local biz can keep It's wheels turning so to speak. Thanks for the mention of Pam's Pet's, I'll be looking into it.

Kc

Pam's seems to be a decent store. Some of the local AbiMAS folks haven't had great luck with livestock that's actually been in the store tanks. Pam's gets their new livestock shipped in on Wednesdays and every Wednesday afternoon (noon-4p I think) they have all saltwater fish 50% off. The new arrivals are pulled from the shipping boxes and marked up on the plastic shipping bags and laid on a table. So you can get a freshly shipped fish, coral, invertebrate straight off the truck without it having been in Pam's tanks if you shop the table Wednesday afternoon and basically free shipping! I guess the same 50% applies to fish in the store's tanks, but I'm still letting my tank mature so haven't bought any livestock yet either way. Was very temped to get a cleaner shrimp when I stopped by last Wednesday though. Pam's is a small store, but has a reasonable amount of saltwater fish, L.R., etc., at least for being in Abilene. Definitely worth a stop by just to see what all they have when you're in town. You can find the AbiMAS group online too. There's some buy/sell forums, though certainly not as active as the DFW forums.

built2layframe,
First off, let me say that i just got here to wichita falls from Virginia, where i could go down the street and get what ever i wanted, on the spot, every LFS has everything. Here, not so much. One thing DFWMAS and wichita falls for that matter has taught me is that there is money to be saved online/with the people here on the forum. Ive seen a lot of forums and this is by far the forum ive stayed on the longest due to how unbias people are when it comes to how dumb of a question ive asked, or when ive inquired about a piece of equipment and members just come together to help me find it. I am convinced this will be the forum i will finally become a member of. If you have questions, or need help finding something, just ask.