Where did everyone go?

Hi all,
I've been out of the reefing hobby for several years now, but years ago when I was an avid reefer, I used this forum quite a bit. It was bustling at the time. There were tons of new posts every day in the marketplace for instance.
We're did everyone go? Has everyone moved to social media or something?
Thanks!

Posted by: @dnote Hi all said:
You got it right.  Everyone moved to social media or to a national board such as Reef2Reef.   It really is a shame since social media is about the here and now and there is no retention of knowledge.   You get the same basic questions asked over and over.   Plus it is basically just a big market place, at least as far a reefing goes.   I'm not into social media so I don't care about your tiktok video or youtube video.

We do have 1 good thing that is happening locally.  Next year we will have 2 national frag swaps here, Aquashella and Reef-a-palooza, plus there will probably be 2 to 4 other local frag swaps.

@opus
Thanks for your reply! Good info. I feel like this forum shot themselves in the foot when they introduced the premium membership.. I'm with you though, not much for social media so I'm not really sure where to even look.  I'll have to look up the frag swaps you mentioned. I'm dipping a toe back into the hobby with a little pico tank and will be looking to get some frags once I get the tank stable.  I appreciate the info, thanks!!

Posted by: @dnote @opus Thanks for your reply! Good info. I feel like this forum shot themselves in the foot when they introduced the premium membership.. I'm with you though said:
Not sure how long you have been out.  Frag prices might be a shock to you.  All depends on what you like.   We do have some good stores that have opened up over the last few years.  There is AquaStudios in The Colony.  There is Robert's reef over in Ft Worth.  There is also Coral-Vault in Ft Worth.  If you want to see some high end expensive coral then Coral-vault is the place to visit.  They also have reasonably priced corals and they just started carrying fish.  Fish might be another sticker shock to you.  Hawaii is shut down so now $100 to $300 for a yellow tang is not unheard of.  I saw a Chevron tang for sale about a month ago, first one I had seen in well over a year.  It was over $1000.  Of course now you can get a Gem tang for around $600 to $800 vs the $2500 it would have been a couple of years ago.
I've never been to Reef-a-palooza so I'm not sure what all they have besides a ton of coral vendors.   Aquashella is geared more toward the young social media crowd.   Lots of videos being shot and they bring in a lot of the big youtube aquarium people.   It is heavily saltwater but it also has some freshwater.  This past October was the second time it was here (covid shut down the 2020 show) and there were a lot more freshwater vendors than the first show in 2019.  Good for me since I'm also into freshwater.  It is basically MACNA but more on the showy side.  They even have speakers and it is a 2 day show.   I much prefer it over MACNA.
The club is having a frag swap early next year.  It is listed here on the website.   It will be good because it will more local guys that don't just go to all the shows so prices are usually much better.  I'm sure once you hit a show you will get the upgrade fever.

@opus
Not sure my wallet will be able to stave off the upgrade fever! I appreciate the info on pricing, it's helpful. I've probably been 6-7 years out of the hobby so this is definitely new. LEDs had more or less caught on as the standard when I was selling my tanks, but there were still a fair amount of folks running t8s and halides. Today it seems like almost everyone is using LEDs including the old dogs.  I think I'm going to start with softies and maybe a euphyllia or two, nothing rare or special so your store recommendations are helpful in knowing where I might shop first. Just want a nice little semi low maintenance reef to start.  
Going to look up the local swap at the beginning of the year as I'm working to get my tank cycled now.

Posted by: @dnote @opus Not sure my wallet will be able to stave off the upgrade fever! I appreciate the info on pricing said:
Not a lot of softies available if you are looking for leather type corals.   Lots of zoas though.  Your best bet might be Aquastudios in The Colony.  They have a big selection of $15 corals and another that is 2 for $55 ( I think that is correct, might be 2 for $50).  They also have a good selection of euphyllia at reasonable prices (along with the real expensive ones).   If you ever went to Fish2Morrow back in the day, Brandon from that store now manages Aquastudios.   Fish2Morrow is gone I think and the old owner is now Roberts Reef.

@opus thanks again for the great info. Yes I remember fish2morrow, that was a great store.  I'll check out aquastudios, that's not too far from me.