What did this to my anemone

dfwflyr

Membership Expired
So yesterday my Sherman BTA stayed deflated behind a rock all day. This morning he moved out and started to inflate and then I noticed something odd. It looks like dead flesh, the clowns are picking at the dark colored flesh and that small area of him won't inflate. I doubt this is what happens when they split. Can someone with experience with anemones help shed some light on this one? Pic is attached
adavaqem.jpg
alt="">

Give it time, it may fully inflate that area again.

Anemones are strange like that. They can deflate a section or the entire thing on a whim.

He isn't anywhere close to a powerhead where it could grab him. He is in front of an overflow that has slats on the bottom his tentacles could have been caught in. Defiantly some tissue damage

I agree with Marc. I have had some stay that way for month then out of no where split.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Just watch him closely, and update this thread with your observations. My anemones do all kinds of nutty stuff daily, and it is rather enjoyable to see what strange choice it has made at various times of the day or night. I think my favorite is when they look like an apple, with a tentacle or two still showing.

My Ritteri does weird stuff too. His tentacles will often shrivel in areas where one of his hosts has been but they usually re inflate pretty quickly. Any change in his condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk