true perc babies and breeder setup quesitons

I got baby clowns...
I can not get good pictures because they hide behind the dirty glass..
I let the glass get dirty so they do not bang on it.. hopeing it will help.. and it is better then painting it..

I am feeding them DT's every day in there corner... They are in my 40 up stairs...

I have lots of live sand and rocks in there and only the two true percs..
we will see if they live...

got it hooked up to a 20 Gallon refugium with lots of nice bugs... and even more rock..

so far it seems they are doing well.. I would like to set up a true breeder setup but this is as close as I get...

Only thing i may add is a tiger cuke .. I got 2 in my 100 but they are always hiding...

I got a picture of one of the babies out of the about 7 i can see.....

course i did not check the sump yet but I have to much alage in there...
mixed with tiger pods and other pods....

how can i take the tank i have and make it a better breeder tank for clowns... These 2 have babies all the time and I seem to have a hard time keeping them alive... water is stable... temp is stable... got lots of flow.. thought about lowering that...

I thought about taking out the live rock too... but they seem to like it..

it is a RR tank with a overflow box...
20 gallon sump with live sand, rock, algae, bugs,,,
even got tang heaven algae in there.. (trying to get it to grow like my other stuff so I can feed my tangs in my main tank)

true perc?
the first 2 pics are mysid shrimp...

clown fry don't eat DTs....

you can't raise clown fry in a 40g or a 20g...

can't keep clown fry with sand and rocks...

the bugs would end up eating them...

you can't raise clown fry in a sump...

uhm, why don't you read up on the article in my signature...

no it is a fish... lol bad picture... i will take some time and read your post.. .

I was thinking about a bare tank set up but worried about keeping the water stable enough ...

have to do alot more reading and see if i want to change what i have

Looks like i need to find the eggs and figure out were they are laying them and take them out before the hatch...

that will be my next goal... i need to find a small tank to put the in.. maybe a hang over were they can use the same water as the main tank... .

anyone got any ideas...??

mysis.jpg
alt="">
Mysis shrimp.

if you have clownfish fry, that pic isn't it.
you should try a magnifying glass? it helps cuz they're so small
55ae28c4-ef4b-42e8-9e0f-1feb.jpg
alt="">

clown fry will not survive a few hours in a tank like that.

hob fuge will not work for there won't be enough rotifers in the water to raise them, lights will be too bright, and temperature too low....

and if it does work, then about 1/2 of the people on this forum would have baby clownfish popping up everywhere in their fuge from their clown eggs released in the water.

you can raise mysis shrimp in the fuge tho

Not too difficult to figure out where they are.

Watch the male.

He will hang over the eggs and fin fan them.

He and the female will kiss the eggs (cleaning up dead ones).

May be more difficult to remove them depending on what they lay on.

Put a clay flowerpot in the tank near where they laid the last batch and hope like heck they use it.

If they don't, build a larval snagger and catch them.

Clown fry don't eat DT, or phyto. The rotifers you feed clown fish fry eat DT and phyto. Producing more rotifers and feeding the clown fry. If you had sucess raising clown fry adding DT or phyto to the water it's because you were feeding the rotifer colony.