The Washington Reef 75/200 Gal Reef Tanks

It has been a while since the last update and I just wanted to let you guys know that our 200 gal aquarium had a major malfunction last night. First let me say that this afternoon everything is up and running,back to normal.

One of the steel clamps connecting the return hose to the bottom of the aquarium broke and sent water all over the bottom of the cabinet and onto the carpet before I got the return pump turned off. All I and say it that it was a good thing we were home, if not it would have completely drained the 45 gal sump and more than likely burned up the pump. Anyway we have a wet/dry vac which really helped during clean-up. When performing tank maintenance be sure to check all the small thing that you may take for granted.

glad to hear it turned out okay - that could have been a huge negative event, instead it turned out okay and hope some of us readers learned an important lesson - thanks for sharing it with us

@washingtond wrote:
Thanks and it has been a while since I have updated this thread. I now have it on my to do list. said:
It's too wet to golf, to miserable to Nissan, no better time then the present!

@Servo wrote:
[I]@washingtond wrote:[/I][quote="Thanks and it has been a while since I have updated this thread. I now have it on my to do list. said:
It's too wet to golf, to miserable to Nissan, no better time then the present!"]

Getting ready to go to the BOD meeting this morning.... you should come. [smilie=lol.gif]

This is the only posting on putting together a durso which shows all the individual parts and how they fit together. These pictures are from when we were setting up our 24 gal frag tank that is plumbed into the sump on our 200 gal aquarium.

It has been a long while since I have updated this thread. All the aquariums are hanging in and doing okay. I did update the software on the Apex for the first time since I have had it and all went well. The version that I was using was one of the first and can now hardly wait to start using Apex Fusion.

I will try and update with pictures in the next few weeks.

DSC004291_zps9d94d796.jpg
alt="">

DSC004312_zpsa7de1fd4.jpg
alt="">

Our Apex crashed a little over a week ago and had to be sent back to the factory for repair. Got it back yesterday and it is still not fully working.The pH probe on the 200 gallon tank will not calibrate correctly hence the high reading. I am getting a spare base unit and will have to send this one back once received.

I can say that it was really a pain operating three aquariums manually after having the Apex control everything including feeding. You know the old saying, "you don't miss your water until the well goes dry." A spare base unit be handy and eliminates a single point of failure.

It did give me a chance to clean-up my signature.

Today is the day for ripping out the massive reef build up in our 200 gal aquarium. It was so large it took up 1/3 of the swimming area for the fish in the tank. It grew from the bottom all the way to the top over the years. Pictures to follow.