Tank size help.

I have a RBTA that is 2 yrs old and around 12" in diameter. Right now I have a 120 gal reef tank but I'm selling it and downsizing to only have the Nem and 2 fish. I wanted to see if I could get some advice on a new tank. I've been looking at a 30 gal cube that is 20x20x18" tall and a 45 gal cube that is 24x24x18" tall. Will the 30 gal be ok for just the nem and the 2 fish or do I really need to go up to the 45 gallon? I'm just not sure the extra 4" will make a huge difference. I know the 45 gal is going to be preferable but I can get the 30 for $200 cheaper and that makes a huge difference right now.

I have the 45 cube and one of my big NEMs could fill this. However, I do understand the pressure of the wallet. Either one will work as long as you have flow and light.

I agree with Michelle, as long as you have good flow and adequate lighting you should be fine with the smaller tank. I assume the 2 fish you're referring to are clowns? If so, they don't need a lot of water volume to be happy. Only possible downside I can think of is water parameters. The smaller the body of water, the easier and much more quickly they can get out of range and do damage. Bigger tanks are definitely more forgiving in this aspect.