Sump/fuge question

[I am going to get started today building my sump/refugium, it will be 20"x20". I have 2 questions, I wanted to know how deep I should make it, and I wanted to find out the best place to put the bubble trap. I wanted to have the fuge in the front half and the sump in the rear.

I am using my Aerofoamer skimmer externally. What I had in mind was to simply split it in half had have the fuge 10x10 and the sump 10x10 with baffles in the sump side along with 2 mag drive pumps. I want to T off the return line to feed the fuge and have a bulkhead between the fuge and sump.

Sorry for all the questions hopefully it makes sense, I don't know how to illustrate what I have in mind. This will be my first attempt at building a sump. I guess the baffle placement was my main question, any advise would be really appreciated, thanks!]

[Hey Jon,

I just replied to you in the rec.aquaria.marine.reefs newsgroup. I didn't even realize you were over there too. :p]

[Yeah, I posted over on RC too, thought it would be nice to do some research and bother other people and give you a break :;): Although on these sumps and acrylic you seem to be the one who offers the best advise! I really enjoy reading your advise and experiences, even if it isn't something I am working on at the time, I like the knowledge I get :laugh: Thanks again!!]