Successful Banggai settlement

After 3 failed carries, my male Banggai carried a full clutch of 40 babies to term. They were released yesterday and today (Days 25 & 26) and are now in a 5g grow out tank. I am keeping a journal on MBI and it can be found here.

[attachment=0]D26 release.jpg[/attachment]

Feeding Frenzy.

1904129_10200819859733684_533102469_n.jpg
alt="">

@Eckolancer wrote:
Very cool man said:
@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
That is awesome!!!! said:
Thanks!
@FatWrasse wrote:
Should throw a long spine urchin in there or two for them.... to feel at home WHAT DOES THE FISH SAY! said:
Surprisingly, live urchins are not very common among Banggai breeders. Some use fake urchins that they have made, but simple plastics plants like I have set up is the most common. About 30% of the babies hang out in the plant unless it is feeding time. The rest stay out in the open all the time.

10 DPS update: No losses noticed, but I have been unable to count them. When not feeding, they move around the tank in a baseball sized school.

1957978_10200861145685807_876822675_n.jpg
alt="">

@Eckolancer wrote:
I may take a couple off your hands once they're ready Sent from pay phone in the airport. said:
Awesome... If I can get a bunch of them to sell-able size and I find that I can sell them reasonably easy, I plan on using the money to set up a true breeder setup and seeing if I can eventually get my clowns going too. Who knows, maybe in few years I can have regularly available Banggai, DaVinci Clowns, and more.

@Titus wrote:
Awesome... If I can get a bunch of them to sell-able size and I find that I can sell them reasonably easy said:
I'd take one of them once they get big enough. I always prefer tank bred over wild caught livestock.

Thanks Guys.. I am starting a log of people who have shown interest and will give them first dibs before posting in the classifieds. With that said, it will a while before they are big enough to sell. I have seen varying reports of when to sell, with everyone agreeing that they can be sold at 6 months, but some say you can sell as early as 3-4 months. I figure I will probably offer them up in August, but we will see.